T'Pau Family Photos

 Photos of my host family in Epau, in no particular order (except the last one).

Anthony's best monkey face wins the monkey face contest, a shot made even better because Tony photobombed him.

Distant runner up in the monkey face contest.

I showed Jackjack what you can do with the front facing camera.

The inevitable outcome.

Anthony displays two stools he made the night before.  He's a good, smart kid.

Anne making banana laplap.  She scrapes the banana out of its peel using a shell.

Fredfred with his grandma Anne.  I think she kind of likes him.

A frequent sight at the river. I'm pretty sure Jackjack is in this one.

A rainy day with Susan.

Breakfast with Jackjack.  This is a nice, helpful, fun, smart kid.

Tony ran the village aid post, meaning he was on call.  One night a fisherman with an injury (from a weed whacker, not from fishing) came by for a bandage.

Mama making a coconut basket.  They basket is made from a single leaf and nothing else.  She could make one very quickly.

Susan, defeated (temporarily) by dinner.

Selina with Fredfred.  His name is Fred but was always called Fredfred,

Fredfred with his dad, Lenard.

Susan and I.

Antony and Jerry.

Tony enjoys reading to the kids.  They'd let me read to them too, good practice.

Hanging out and chatting at night, a favorite activity of Tony and Anne.

Selina taught me lots of things, including how to grate a coconut.  Anthony helps me out.

Selina giving a bath.

Gramme at the head of the town water supply.  Gramme is the guy to be with if you go into the bush.  He has an encyclopedic knowledge of the plant life and terrain.

What breakfast often looked like.

Mama washing clothes

Gramme shows me a leaf no one should touch.
My last photo of the family.  Shot while waiting for the bus during our rushed departure.

Comments

  1. So, one of the items in your "care package" that I sent eons ago was a single-use water-proof camera. It was my niece's idea and seemed good at the time. This was before all the pictures I've seen that you've been able to post. So, a few options....
    1. Pitch it.
    2. Still take pictures, send it back, I develop, etc.
    3. Have Jackjack, Fredfred, whoever, take pictures of their experience with you, send it back, and I'll develop the pics, send them back to you, and you can give the pics to your Vanuatu photographer to enjoy long after you're gone. I guess if you have some kind of photo developer there you can do it yourself.
    Your choice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cabana Boy Matriculation

Arrival

Back at the Port Vila Holiday Inn